Friday, January 18, 2008

... For Your Age

When did it happen? I can remember the days when I was that cute little blonde girl with the pony tail. Then I went through the horrible Junior High years, with the Captain Kangaroo Bunny Rabbit glasses ... The not so lovely years ... argh! Then somewhere between High school and my 20's I blossomed. I had a few good years when I got looks and whistles ... was even called "hot" a few times. :) Then one day I got "ma'amed" by a young man. I should have know something was up!

Now instead of getting whistles while walking through the grocery store parking lot, I can barely get my groceries taken out to my car. I have become invisible! I don't remember when that happened. Did I wake up one morning and go from "hot" to "Looks good for her age?" I don't remember that happening ...

It was confirmed that the transformation had truly taken place when one day in my kitchen my daughter, her boyfriend and I were talking ... I don't remember what I said but his comment was "You're not that bad." I started laughing so hard I was crying! He thought he had hurt my feelings and kept trying to make it better. He then said, "You looked good, back in the day!" I laughed even harder and told him he just needed to stop! :)

I guess the next phase of my life is "Don't she look natural!"

No comments: