Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, NASA


You know ... I've always heard the saying "old as dirt." I just found out I'm not just "old as", but, "older than" NASA! I guess I thought NASA was old as dirt, too.
I remember when I was VERY young, we all went outside one night in the yard between my house and my neighbors house to watch Sputnik fly over. I remember it looked like a moving star and my older sister was afraid it was going to fall on her. If it was the first Sputnik that was launched, I wasn't even a year old! (Of course I can remember what happened before I was even a year old, but can't remember why I walked to the pantry ... was it to get something out ... was it to put something back ... let's go back to what I was doing see if I can remember what I need to do)!
Anyway ... back to the subject ... Happy 50th , NASA - July 29, 1958 - July 29, 2008.

No comments: