Thursday, May 1, 2008

Always the Mama

I know I've talked about my little dog Puff. Well, let me tell you a little background about how he came to be.

About 8 years ago, when Courtney was 10, she and Gene went to "look" at a Corvette (you know, he is a Corvette man). This trip, however, they came back with a very shaggy, matted, little 2 year old Maltese. Come to find out, that was the intent of the trip all along ... to get COURTNEY a dog that she could hold and love and take care of!

I found out a little later that Maltese dogs "pick" who they like the best. Well about a week after he came to live with us, he "picked" me! No matter where I am in the house, even if I am all the way upstairs at the far ends ... he finds ME ... if he is hungry ... if he needs water ... if he needs to go outside to ... well ... you know. I'm the Mama, even with the dog! Wasn't this supposed to be Courtney's dog?

Oh well, I hear dogs have a great sense of character in humans ... looks like it's true!
p.s. Happy May Day!

No comments: