Monday, October 22, 2007

Not So Bad!

OK ... I have to confess ... the Corvette Expo wasn't that bad. In the past it had always been at a park in Knoxville, but it has now officially moved to the new Events Center in Sevierville, TN. A really nice place ... clean, organized ... much nicer than Knoxville.


That was Saturday ... we stayed there from around noon to almost 6 PM (when it closed). Gene thought we had reservations at the Holiday Inn. He had called the number that was on the Internet but when we got there, the phone number that was on the Internet was for the Best Western! LOL! Somebody messed up!


Anyway, we found it and went to the Chop House for dinner (next to that new Bass Pro Shop on I-40). Food was great! We then went into the Bass Pro Shop ... now I'm originally from Tennessee and have seen some big hair in my time, and thought maybe people really didn't have big hair anymore ... WRONG! I saw some the biggest hair I've seen in ages! LOL


Sunday we stopped off at the Tanger Outlet in Pigeon Forge ... Gene bought some stuff he needed at the Nautica outlet. Then he told me to shop, too! He wanted to know if I'd rather have flowers or shop for our anniversary ... If I have a choice, I always choose shopping (or cash). They had a Dress Barn (I like their stuff) and I found several cute things to buy.


We took our time coming home ... stopped off in Gatlinburg and tried the "Jigglin' George" (has to been experienced ... can't really explain), ate some good hot wings at Crawdaddy's and drove on through the mountains, via Cherokee, on the way home. Weather was perfect and we saw some beautiful colors!

Anyway ... I apologize for my earlier post ... it was a good weekend!

No comments: